Professional Communicator. Dedicated Business Builder.
A Communications and Brand Development Executive, Content Strategist, and Content Producer with a background in business building, digital media, and marketing strategy for world-class brands, SMBs and entrepreneurs. Experience includes:
Freelance Brand Consultant, Content Strategist and Business Builder
2011 – Current
Provide strategic direction on specific business and communication initiatives, identifying the key message or proposition and the best means to broadcast it.
Areas of focus and sample projects:
COMMUNICATION STRATEGY AND EXECUTION,
including Content Strategy and Social Media Event Production.
beyond complexion (September 2016 – Current)
- Develop brand voice; all copywriting for Product and Services descriptions; Instagram strategy, copy and execution for beyondcomplexion.com.
Lady Gaga’s album launch, ARTPOP (November 2013), DirecTV’s Kingdom TV Premiere (October 2014), The Austin Jump-Off, SXSW Music Showcase (March 2013 - 2015)
- Created, managed, and executed Twitter & Instagram live-streams on-site at major entertainment industry events.
CONTENT MARKETING & CREATION,
including Editorial Copy and Video Production.
ATX TV Festival (December 2016 – Current)
- Write, produce and direct branded promotional videos for "How to ATX" at ATX TV Festival's upcoming Season 6. Talent directed includes well-known TV actors and creators.
American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (2014 – 2016)
- Blogger for the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, www.SmartBeautyGuide.com.
- Pitch relevant and timely pieces; creating detailed and accurate medical content assessable for broad audiences.
- Content creation requires medical research, expert interviews, and SEO best practices.
MARKETPLACE DIFFERENTIATION AND BRAND POSITIONING,
including Event Marketing and Activation.
Disney/ABC TV at Freedom Over Texas, Houston, TX (2016)
- Production design and planning for ABC’s national consumer experience at City of Houston’s 4th of July festival.
- Responsible for all logistics, sourcing and timelines: vendors, city, brand ambassadors and 1,900 guests.
ATX Television Festival, Austin, TX (2012-2016)
- Oversee multiple events within the 2,500-person festival. Act in real time to address changing needs from sponsors, celebrity talent, and festival guests.
- Details include: venue and vendor coordination; managing sponsor deliverables; signage and décor; overall event supervision; celebrity liaison and crowd management for Opening Night Reception, Closing Night Party, Industry Reception, Community Screenings; and Press and Sponsor Lounges.
Prevention Magazine’s Health & Wellness Summit, Austin, TX (2016)
- Co-produce R3, Prevention’s annual, national 2-day wellness summit for 1,000 attendees on January 15-16, 2016.
- Produced all-day cooking stage activation: developed schedule, sourced talent--including Top Chef Master Monica Pope and Chad Sarno, managed sponsors, A/V, plus fast-paced, high-volume troubleshooting.
GROWTH AND REVENUE STREAM DEVELOPMENT,
including Research & Analytics and Overall Company Strategy.
Megan Connors (floral design), beyond complexion (beauty products and services), CCH Collection (women’s apparel), ATX TV Festival (live event series)
- Business strategy development for various clients in diverse sectors.
Stylewhile, online fashion retailer (2013)
- Produce focus group and derive research for Influencer marketing strategy. Execute upon strategy.
Girl Around Town, New York, NY
2011 – 2014
Co-Founder, chief executive and editor of online city guide, www.GirlAroundTown.net
- Left Nokia to start my own company, which was incredibly exciting.
- Created 5-year financial projections. Pitched and raised Friends and Family Funding.
- Developed site’s visual aesthetic and back-end functionality; analyzed site metrics to determine future editorial content and platform enhancements.
- Wrote and edited daily articles; optimized for Search (SEO), tracked with Google Analytics.
- Designed and delivered weekly newsletter to subscriber base; created promotional incentives to increase readership, and managed Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Created and implemented sponsorships with a variety of companies including Own Skin Health, Luxury Rebel Shoes, ATX Television Festival, The Cellar Music Management at SXSW, Worth It, and Stylewhile.
- Event production with companies including Entertainment Weekly, USA, Hulu, ABC, Four Seasons Houston, Whole Foods, KIND, Sam and lilli, Settlement Goods and more.
- Managed team of 11 editors and one video producer.
- Have intimate knowledge of various CMS platforms, migrating site from Blogger to Wordpress to Squarespace.
- Generated site traffic via social media platforms and cross-blog promotion.
Nokia, Inc., White Plains, NY
2008 – 2011
Nokia Ovi App Store, Global Manager (January 2011- August 2011)
- Created opportunities for developers to showcase apps on Nokia devices.
- Developed promotional customer-focused plan for 50,000 Nokia apps using Near Field Communications (NFC) to be distributed at retail locations and in-box.
- Successfully achieved internal buy-in for music applications on Nokia devices; negotiated funding and deal terms.
Nokia Music Preloads, Global Manager & Business Owner (April 2009-January 2011)
- Spearheaded business development deals with major record labels to showcase popular music tracks and videos from top-tier recording artists on Nokia devices.
- Consistently exceeded targets each fiscal half, in excess of $45M annually.
- Developed and executed deals based on the varied needs of local sales & marketing units internationally.
- Negotiated for artist assets to leverage within marketing programs.
Nokia Music Evangelism, Global Manager (March 2008-April 2009)
- Fostered relationships between Nokia and music trade organizations, charities and global thought leadership conferences to generate awareness for Nokia Music via strategically coordinated speaking engagements, privately hosted events, sponsorships and press opportunities.
- Structured international music industry marketing plan for regional music teams in 15+ countries.
- Managed 2009 GRAMMY Awards content partnership, including retail distribution for GRAMMY telecast audio content within Nokia Music’s digital music store; accomplished through managing sponsor negotiations, label relations, content ingestion process, and digital marketing.
- Supervised Nokia Music’s brand presence and executive speaking opportunities at international events: Midem (Cannes), The GRAMMY Awards (Los Angeles), South by Southwest (Austin) and Music Matters (Hong Kong).
The Recording Academy/ GRAMMY Awards, Santa Monica, CA
2003 – 2008
Marketing & Strategic Alliances, Manager (2006-2008); Project Coordinator (2004-2006); Executive Assistant to Chief Marketing Officer (2003-2004)
- Created partnerships with national, multi-year GRAMMY Awards telecast sponsors.
- Managed on-site brand activation and executive hospitality, producing relevant, sustainable and beneficial programs for all parties.
Partnership highlights include:
Hard Rock International Partnership
- Negotiated all contracts on behalf of The Recording Academy with Hard Rock to create first-ever national Viewing Party partnership for local GRAMMY Chapters and expanded for second-year needs.
- Secured $500K of in-kind goods and services to benefit Academy Chapters for party activation.
- Coordinated execution details in 10 cities; including press, sponsor deliverables, event insurance, food & beverage.
- Managed GRAMMY’s first international sponsor account; conceived opportunities for GRAMMY content within mobile media.
- Developed Nokia Lounge at Official GRAMMY After Party, prominently showcasing Nokia technology.
Evite/ TV Guide Network Partnership
- Directed multi-platform promotional GRAMMY relationship between Evite and TV Guide Network for 50th Anniversary telecast.
- Achieved value exchange for all partners, including homepage placement and site-wide presence for the co-promotion on Evite as well as on-air promotion via in-show mentions, on-air banners and two promo spots per hour on TVGN.
Yahoo! Music Partnership
- Managed operations of the 48th and 49th GRAMMY Online Partner coverage and campaigns.
- Coordinated all technology and personnel resources to develop and successfully launch Academy Member Listening Function, including content verification and testing guidelines.
Patriot Advisors, West Hollywood, CA
Motion Picture Development, Finance and Production, Assistant to President
Developed motion picture concepts; evaluating scripts and recommending talent (actors, directors, screenwriters).
- Fostered and maintained relationships with talent agents and producers.
- Managed brand identity; developed company logo and trademark, created publicity materials, drafted business plan